Submission due by Nov. 30
No entry Fee
Winners will receive iPad Mini, Nexus 7, or Android Tablet
The Digital Arts & Design Contest held by the Salinas Public Library is for all elementary and high school students. Sign up at any of the three Salinas Libraries. Click the photo above to view the full flyer, or click "Read More" below to view the contest rules.
Digital Art and Design Contest
Digital Art is a general term for a range of artistic works that use technology as an
essential part of the creative and/or presentation process. The goal of the Digital
Arts and Design Contest is to create a platform for students to show off their
creativity and imagination. This will also allow students to appreciate each other’s
work and to foster community among artists.
About the Contest/What is the Theme?
Enter for the chance to win an iPad Mini, a Google Nexus 7, or an Android
Tablet. This is a Digital Arts and Design contest for students who want to show off
their creativity and imagination. There is a single category for all submissions. No
specific genre. Submit your digital artwork to any of the Salinas Public
Libraries. Participants are encouraged to create an original digital work of art that
shows creativity, originality, and cleverness.
To Enter/Who Can Enter?
You must be attending one of the Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, or High
Schools in the City of Salinas in order to be eligible to participate in the contest. Visit
the any of the three Public Libraries in Salinas and complete a Digital Arts and
Design Contest Submission Form in order to register for the contest. There is no
1. First prize: iPad Mini
2. Second Prize: Google Nexus 7
3. Third Prize: Android Tablet
Contest Judging/What Are the Criteria?
All eligible entries will be judged, by a panel of three local professional artists, based
on the following criteria:
a. Creativity & Originality
• Is your design a product of your own imagination? Did you think outside
the box? Have we seen this design somewhere else? Etc.
b. Design Style & Composition
• Did you follow the rule of thirds? Did you use the whitespace and negative
space appropriately? Did you use the correct font? Etc.
Deadline/What is the Timeline?
The submission deadline is Saturday, November 30th, 2013. We will contact
participants to notify them the date and time of the gallery display in order to
announce the winners.
Entry Rules and Specifications
1. Submit your entry in person to the Cesar Chavez Library, John Steinbeck
Library, or El Gabilan Library no later than Saturday, November 30th, 2013.
2. Artwork must be submitted on a CD or USB drive, and will be accepted as
high-resolution image files in either JPG, TIFF, or PDF format.
• Document size must be a minimum of 11” x 17” (tabloid paper size).
Document resolution must be a minimum of 200 dots per inch.
3. Artwork must be accompanied by a written piece to describe:
• What software was used to create the artwork.
• What inspired the artwork.
• How long it took to create the artwork.
• What the artwork means to you (the artist).
4. By submitting your artwork:
5. Contest restrictions:
• You are agreeing that this is your original work.
• You retain all intellectual property rights (copyrights) of the
• You acknowledge that your entry may be published on sponsor’s
website(s), for current or future marketing purposes.
• Entries cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others.
• Absolutely no alcohol, drugs, gang insignia, nudity, or sexually
suggestive artwork will be considered for this contest.
6. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact Luis
Alejandre or Ricardo Garcia at