Ebooks is a service offered by the Salinas Public Library. Currently, there is not a universal ebook reader device or service provider. Please read the information below to determine if the content provided will be compatible with your device.
If you would like to place a purchase request for an ebook title please click HERE.
Axis 360 eBooks & Audiobooks
the Axis360 app to your device.
For video tutorials: Click Here
Download the OneClickdigital app for:
iPhone & iPad
For video tutorials and FAQs: Click Here
Download the Zinio app for:
iPhone & iPad
For video tutorials & user guides: Click Here
Download for tablets, phones, & windows: Bluefire Reader
Download for mac: Adobe Digital Editions
For video tutorials & FAQs: Click Here
Marshall Cavendish eBooks
Marshall Cavendish eBooks are non-fiction books for children. Find out about places, people, science and history! For information about connecting to and using this service please see the FAQs.
California Missions eBooks
Access full-text eBooks published by Follett. Click HERE and then enter: Username: missions Password: missions.
- Mission La Purisima Concepción, 1787
- Mission Nuestra Señora de la Soledad, 1791
- Mission San Antonio de Padua, 1771
- Mission San Buenaventura, 1782
- Mission San Carlos Borromeo del Rio Carmelo, 1770
- Mission San Diego de Alcala, 1769
- Mission San Fernando, Rey de España, 1797
- Mission San Francisco de Asis, 1776
- Mission San Francisco de Solano, 1823
- Mission San Gabriel Arcangel, 1771
- Mission San Jose, 1797
- Mission San Juan Bautista, 1797
- Mission San Juan Capistrano, 1776
- Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, 1772
- Mission San Luis Rey de Francia, 1798
- Mission San Miguel Arcangel, 1797
- Mission San Rafael Arcangel, 1817
- Mission Santa Barbara, 1786
- Mission Santa Clara de Asis, 1777
- Mission Santa Cruz, 1791
- Mission Santa Ines, 1804
You can find further information on California Missions, California Indians, Mission Life, Ranchos, Explorers, Governors, and History of California by the Decades on the Social Studies Fact Cards website: California Fact Cards.
Catalog of U.S. Government Publications - The CGP is the finding tool for federal publications that includes descriptive records for historical and current publications and provides direct links to those that are available online. Users can search by authoring agency, title, subject, and general key word.
University of Pennsylvania’s Online Books - Thousands of titles available to be read online for free. The site is easily searched. And if you feel like being overwhelmed, you can browse it too. (Variety of ebook formats available)
Open Library - Their stated goal is to create a webpage for every book ever published. Best of luck with that. But in the meantime, there are a huge number of e-books available through them. You do need to open an account with Open Library in order to “check out” their e-books. (Variety of ebook formats available)